Welcome to Cambodian-Australian Welfare Council Website
The Cambodian-Australian Welfare Council of NSW INC is a non profitable organisation. It was established in 1983 by workers working with Khmer clients.
CAWC is a network of Khmer and other workers interested in Khmer issues which meets monthly to liaise, discuss and plan.
For more information about CAWC. Please click the link CAWC's history
Vision Statement and Objectives of CAWC
The organisation aims to work harmoniously with people and organisations to improve the quality of life for Khmer people in New South Wales.
Living in Harmony 2015
- To promote the benefit of Khmer residents in Australia without discrimination by gender or political, social, religious or other opinions.
- To promote general community projects of a welfare and social nature with the object of improving the conditions of life for all Khmer residents.
- To develop and maintain a better understanding between Khmer and other communities by organising meetings, seminars and workshops.
- To proactively promote harmony through respect for differences between people, in order to reduce racism and discrimination both within the CAWC and in the wider Australian Community.
- To provide Khmer workers, and those who provide services to Khmer people and people with interest in Khmer affairs, information sharing and consultative forums for issues affecting Khmer people.
- To represent the interests and views of the members of the organisation to government and other organisations.
- To preserve and promulgate Khmer values and culture.